This life can bring you down. I mean really, the heart ache, the pain, the sorrow we see flashed across the news screen everyday is enough to make you depressed. Often making me wonder, how do you survive? How do you stay happy and positive in the light of all this discouragement?
I’m working on being thankful, on remembering each day all the many things I have to be grateful for while I live. My family, friends, a roof over my head and food in my belly. Being thankful keeps my mind in perspective and keeps my mind positive. Here’s how I live fully even in a discouraging world.
- Put your Faith in someone who Cannot FAIL : Don’t rely on the world to give you happiness, freedom or salvation as you live. It can’t and it won’t, the world is too selfish for that. Instead rely on the one who never fails and will always be by your side. God doesn’t promise a life with out heartache, but he does promise he will never leave you nor forsake you.
- Continue to Give: Even though the weight of all the worlds troubles is unbearable we can still do what we can to help others in need. To give selflessly and help when we have the chance. A giving heart is a grateful heart, encouraging you forward.
- Be Grateful: Start each day being grateful for what you have – even the small things that you “feel” you deserve. They are a luxury not a entitlement.
- Be Loving: When the world wants you to turn the other cheek, embrace it with love, kindness and forgivingness.
- Be stern when appropriate : Be loving first and foremost but when a sternest is apropriate be stern and unyielding.
And even when everything fails, has faith, be encouraged and look upward. Life is not easy, but we can be loving and live a full life together